Google Analytics

Friday, May 20, 2011

Day 19

Friday, May 20: On One Leg + Ab Ripper.....................(One on One Vol. 2 Disc 7)
This is the workout that I was supposed to do....but dang it, I couldn't find the disc.  I'm pretty sure now, that I know where it is.  I was really excited to try this routine for the first time.  It'll just have to wait until next Friday.

In it's place was Mammoth UML.  That is simply the place where Tony Horton did the workout- Mammoth, Utah during a skiing trip, in his hotel room.  And the UML stands for Upper, Middle and Lower.  The routine is working the upper body (chest, triceps, biceps) then working the middle (abdominals) and then the lower (some form of squats).

I haven't done this disc in a while so it was a very nice change of pace.  The routine is about 59 minutes long, consisting of 6 rounds of 1 exercise each (upper, middle, lower) with a break in between each round, and tiny breaks between each exercise.  There was much fast forwarding during the workout because Tony talks a little bit too much for me in this one.  Usually he's a "let's get in and get going and get done" guy, but for this workout (probably because he was at a significant altitude...as he reminds us!) he talks a little more than usual.  However, it's a very good routine.  It will get your muscles talking to you along with your breathing and your heart rate!  Don't skip this one. 

I must say that I was skeptical about the Catalyst.  However, after 3 weeks of consistently taking them and working out there's no question how they have helped me lean down and tone up!  I'm seeing more veins and my clothes are a little looser.  There's just a "tighter" overall feeling everywhere on my body.  I am a FIRM believer in Catalyst and will continue to use it.   Learn more about the Catalyst product.

Another product that has been helping as been the Nighttime Recovery.  Whenever I begin an exercise program or try a new routine, it's inevitable that I'm going to be sore.  I have a little problem thinking that I'm still 18 and can just go out and workout hard.  Well, times (and my body) are changing.  I can't do what I was capable of doing before.  Then I could do whatever and wake up the next day and feel like I didn't do anything.  Now I wake up and feel very sore (usually for a couple of days).  Well, not any more.  Thanks to Nighttime Recovery I am able to workout hard (which increases results) and know that I will not be sore the following morning.  By having that confidence I am able to work harder during my workouts and get more out of myself and re-shape my body faster.  I really love Nighttime Recovery.  Learn more about the Nighttime Recovery product.

A new feature in this blog will be rating the routine out of 10 stars, and then rating myself on wheather I brought it or not during the workout.

All in all this is a very good routine!  Out of 10 stars it's a 7. 
As for me....I felt that I was pushing myself pretty good this morning.  I earned a 7.5.

Tomorrow will be the first Sat. workout that I've gotten in in this my 3rd week.  I WILL DO IT TOMORROW!!!

Have a great Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment