Google Analytics

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day 27

Monday, May 30: Chest & Back + Ab Ripper...............(P90X)
Beginning of week 5 (and I'm a day late posting this one). 

We finally had a nice weekend with hot weather and plenty of sunshine and since today is Memorial Day our swimming pool is open.  Even though this sounds and is wonderful, unfortunately some people don't properly apply sun-block on their first outing to the pool for the summer.  OOOoouuuuccchhhhh.  I am a little toasty. 

Needless to say, if you've ever done it, Chest & Back is hard enough....add to that a little sunburn and it's a tuffy!

Today I pushed on through the pain (of the sunburn and the routine) and really felt strong.  I definitely did more push-ups and more chin-ups than the first times around.  I set a goal to try and get 10 assisted chin-ups for all 6 chin-up exercises and I also wanted to do more push-ups than I did last round.  It was a challenge but I did fairly well in both areas.  I was happy.

Lesson learned...apply sun screen even when you're tired of being pasty white and looking for a little color....by the way a little color should be light pink as opposed to LOBSTER RED!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment